Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Adventures in Baby Land

Not a whole lot of news in the Lindberg household except that we're patiently awaiting the arrival of David. The nursery is pretty much done at this point, but we still have a TON of household cleaning to do before he gets here. We hope to get some housework done this weekend! We're also going to see the Hangover 2 and eat some Olive Garden in Grand Junction tomorrow as our last official date day before David gets here. That seems scary.

Went to the doctor yesterday and received all good news. I was negative for the GBS test, which means I won't need antibiotics during delivery. I'm also 1cm dialated, which means virtually nothing except that my body knows what it's doing on the baby front, which is always a good thing! I was also excited to hear that he is head down. I was breech (butt first) when I was born so I was worried genetics would repeat itself, but not this time! I hope that's the same when we find out how much he weighs. I was 9.5 lbs when I was born!

The only thing that is scary now is the waiting. My doctor basically said that anytime I go into labor is fine because I'm now considered full-term so contractions are perfectly normal. She doesn't think I'll be super early since this is my first child, but I guess we'll see. Matt still thinks he'll be here around the 9th or 10th of June. I think he'll come later, at least by a couple of days but we'll see who wins.

I do have one piece of news on the dog front too! The other day we were watching the dogs run around outside and saw that Bella had something in her mouth. We assumed it was a piece of bone we had given them earlier. We called her up on the porch and had her drop....a BIRD. Yes, a bird. She looked so proud of her discovery too, like "mom, dad, look what I brought you!" I was thoroughly grossed out and refused to touch it. I made Matt get some plastic bags and we picked it up and disposed of it. We're pretty sure she didn't kill it since she wasn't trying to eat it or anything. She was just carrying it around and playing with it. Needless to say we didn't let her lick us for a while, eww. Buster and Bella are part retriever so it makes sense that she would "retrieve" the dead bird for us. I just hope she doesn't do it again.

Other than that, we're looking forward to David's arrival so we will keep everybody updated when the special day occurs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment