Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

He's here!!! :)

I would apologize for the lack of posting, but we've been pretty busy around here!

As I wrote on my last blog, I decided to get induced last week. We went in Thursday morning at 5 a.m. to start the process. They started me on a low dose medication to jumpstart labor. I didn't feel much until early afternoon. I started getting HORRIBLE back labor. I wasn't feeling any contractions except in my back and they were awful. I jumped around on the yoga ball and moved around a bunch and that seemed to help. The unfortunate news was that I wasn't progressing. That night they started me on pitocin and kept upping the dosage. We ended up at a dosage of 16/20 before my contractions started getting even. At this point my back pain was EXCRUCIATING. I was crying during almost every one, but still wasn't having much progression. Friday morning my doctor came in and I was given the opportunity for an epidural. Originally I didn't want any pain medication, but it hurt so bad I didn't care. The epidural wasn't actually that bad and I don't regret it for a minute. She then broke my water. I was really comfortable so I napped for two hours. The nurse came in to check me and I was at 10 cm (from 4 that morning!) and was ready to push.

He was anterior, which means instead of facing upwards when you come out he was upside down so his head had to do extra work to push through. My epidural wore off about 45 minutes before the end, but the back pain actually helped. I think it gave me the motivation to push. Like, this hurts so bad...just finish it! It ended up taking a couple hours of pushing, but at 2:04 MST Friday David James Lindberg arrived!!

He ended up being bigger than anybody thought tilting the scales at a whopping 9 lbs 14 oz. Even my doctor didn't know he would be THAT big. My nurses all gave me major kudos though for going through it. Considering they gave me a 50% of needing a c-section I was amazed I made it.

Overall- the labor experience was pretty awful but like they always say, all the pain gets forgotten after he gets here!! It has been extremely overwhelming, but he's great and Matt and I are both extremely blessed.

Now for some pictures!



The new addition!



First family photo! I look disgusting, but as Matt reminds me... I was in labor for almost 40 hours!



Going home!



Proud daddy!

1 comment: