Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Inching towards the 2nd Trimester!!

I realize I didn't write much on our pregnancy post, but I didn't really think it was necessary!!

I added a ticker to the top of the blog so you would be able to track our progress, if you want to. I'm currently 12w4d along and will be in the 2nd trimester as of Monday!! We have another appt. on Wednesday and will have another one in January to find out the sex of the baby. People keep asking if we're going to find out and honestly, this shouldn't even be asked! OF COURSE we'll find out! I'm way too impatient to deal with a secret like this. Our dr. keeps asking if we want a boy or a girl and I don't think either of us care for the first one. I mean, we want one of both eventually, so whichever comes first...as long as he/she is healthy is fine with us:)

I really can't complain tons about the first trimester. I did have some nausea that came and went. The worst part is that food just doesn't taste good. Things that I normally love just don't taste as delicious. I'm looking forward to this symptom ENDING!! One of the great things is that all types of fast food have sounded awful. I tried doing Mcdonalds or Burger King, but it just doesn't satisfy the taste buds. Chili cheese tots from Sonic, which are normally my favorite thing ever aren't nearly as good as they were before. I've had more headaches than normal and have gone to bed sick feeling almost every night, but luckily it all disappears before I wake up!

People keep asking if I've had any of the normal pregnancy cravings and I'm here to report that I haven't been craving pickles and peanut butter or anything weird. The only things I've craved so far are potatoes and Doritos. And when I say potatoes I mean ANY type of potatoes. For example, I had mashed potatoes and mixed veggies for lunch last night. Delicious! Scalloped potatoes, potato chips, french fries, anything.

I'm excited for the second trimester, but it feels weird that 12 weeks are already gone. Only 28 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment