Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cupcake Adventures

I finally decided to get rid of some of the pictures from my camera. There has been some new developments in the Lindberg household, but we're staying mum on the news for now!

In other news, I decided to make cupcakes from scratch. I blame Brenna for being such an overachiever and making me feel bad. I decided on a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting. The cake was a new experience for me. It included ingredients that I had NEVER used in baking before. I had to brew a pot of coffee to include in the batter. I also used sour cream, which seemed ridiculous to me but Brenna claims it's normal for chocolate cupcakes. The peanut butter frosting was absolutely DELICIOUS. I'm pretty sure you could frost anything with it and it would taste good. My co-worker reminded me that dog poop probably wouldn't, so I stopped using that explanation. After all was finished I topped them with Reese's Pieces as garnish and gave them out after our anniversary party so I wouldn't have a billion left. I ended up snagging one or two and they were interesting. The frosting gave it most of the taste because the actual cupcake didn't seem too chocolately. Maybe I'll use more cocoa next time.:)

I also have some adorable dog photos to show you so stay tuned! It's raining here so we're going to spend the night with a large pizza, breadsticks, watching the Office and Outsourced, and shows from our DVR we missed last night.

Here are some photos of the cupcakes- I know they don't look as yours Brenna!



The adorable Bella



Cutie Buster



Usually Buster is chewing the bone, but apparently he was being nice to Bella.

Now for some cupcake pictures!!!




1 comment:

  1. I love that I'm getting blamed for you making cupcakes. Whatever, I'll take it :) They look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete