Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Two Month Appt. and Baptism



We sure have been busy since I wrote my last blog so I have a bunch to catch up on!

I went back to work last Tuesday. I have to admit that I cried multiple times throughout the day, but of course everything was fine. Work was freaking ridiculous though and I'm still catching up! Luckily we had a babysitter (our friend Emily!) to watch David for a few days before we could bring him to daycare. It was a nice practice schedule for me so I could figure stuff out before daycare. I have to admit that I'm not digging being back at work, but I do like being away from the house and I know it's better for David to experience other things.

David was baptized over the weekend!! My sister Tricia, parents, and our friend Seth visited to big town Montrose for a few days. It was great having them all here and I was extremely sad when they had to leave. Tricia is David's godmother (and aunt!) and Seth is his godfather. Mass went really well for the most part and David didn't mind the extra bath! In our church, they strip down to their diapers and are laid in warm holy water and then more is dumped over their head. Surprisingly David didn't mind it at all! Granted the water was really warm and even I thought it felt good! He started screaming after this because he was naked, wet, and FREEZING in the air conditioning. Luckily aunt Tricia came to the rescue and put him to sleep until the end of mass. We went back home for a small celebration and David decided to have a blow out in his beautiful white baptism outfit. Never fails!














David had his two month doctor visit. He is almost 14lbs and 24 inches long!! He is a growing boy for sure!! He also had his first set of shots. Matt said he did pretty well until he got so upset he ran his head into the wall. It made me feel better that it happened at the DOCTOR'S office! He was asleep when I came home from work and then work up screaming, poor kiddo. I rocked him back to sleep but he was so upset he wouldn't even take his bottle. I managed to give him some tylonel and get him to settle down a bit so he would eat. He ate his bottle, slept 9.5 hours and woke up a much happier baby. Luckily we have had no other issues from the shots!

David had his first full day at daycare today. Our provider just added on a HUGE addition. We absolutely love all the teachers and David loves all the bright colors! Apparently he was pretty clingy today, but hopefully he gets past this part after he gets more comfortable!!

On another note, everybody at daycare claims David looks just like me. I just don't see it. Opinions anyone? :)

And I added one of our new photos to the top of the blog. I decided I needed some family photos for my desk at work. Our friend Joe took them for us. LOVE the one I posted! Here is my next favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment