Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baby Kicks and Utter Awesomeness!

It has been quite an interesting couple of weeks with some new and interesting developments. First- I have started to feel actual kicks! At first I just felt flutters, which were fun, but not as great as the real thing. One night I was lying in bed and all of a sudden *kick* *kick.* I texted Matt and made him come feel too! And now I feel it all of the time. It's not really time specific, but it kind of tickles so it makes me giggle. It's probably the best thing about being pregnant so far!

Second- Matt won some awards for his work at the newspaper! I'm probably going to butcher these, but there are two organizations which offer these awards. One is the Colorado Associated Press and one is the Colorado Press Assoc. (I think!) Matt won first place for best sports story (YAY!) and also won first place for best SPOT news coverage with another reporter because of their awesome coverage on a missing DJ. Matt was obviously excited about both awards, but ecstatic about the sports coverage! After all of the hard work he has been putting in, it's good to know he's being recognized for it! It's also been nice to meet some of the people Matt deals wtih. I met one of the coaches the other day at Bresnan and he couldn't say any nicer things about Matt. It's good to know that people do actually see all of the long nights and weekends he puts in. I mean, the guy works pretty much 7 days a week. There is no such thing as a day off for him.

Third- TWO WEEKS UNTIL KANSAS!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure I've ever been this excited about a vacation. Work has been killing me recently and I could definitely use a break. The only downfall is we have to board the dogs for a week. We figured that the money we're paying is definitely worth the piece of mind we'll be getting by letting our vet take care of them. Hopefully they will be smart enough to let them stay together because they HATE being apart!! There are so many reasons I'm looking forward to this trip! 1) Baby showers (CAN'T WAIT!!!) 2) Seeing my sisters and family 3) Seeing friends, hopefully. 4) Seeing my parents. I've learned to miss my parents much more now than I live so far away and only get to see them once a year. Neither of us are really looking forward to the drive, but we've already decided that people are going to have to come visit us! Driving 13 hours to Kansas will not be happening in 2012, especially with a newborn! I'm especially not excited because I found out I have a test to take sometime between Wednesday night-Saturday night, which means I'll have to work on it while I'm at home trying to vacation in Kansas. The plan is to work on as much as I can during the drive and hopefully finish a majority of it before we hit Seneca Wednesday evening.

I don't have any fun photos for this one because I'm still trying to catch Buster and Bella "bobbing" for ice cubes in their water bowl. Yes, it's hilarious but no, I can't seem to catch it on camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment