Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's a............

BOY!!!!!!



We had our second ultrasound at 19 weeks yesterday and it was the prefect time to see gender. We were a little concerned because our cute little boy decided he wanted to take a nap for the first 20 minutes so the ultrasound tech wasn't sure we'd be able to tell. I almost started crying because I was so tired of waiting!! She took tons of pictures of the cute boy including the four chambers of his heart (yes you can see this!), and his kidneys. She also took the size of his brain, his femur (the bone in his thigh), and his tummy. It was so fun to see every little part of him! The tech had me turn on both of my sides to see if she could get him to move and he did...just long enough for her to tell us it's a boy!! I turned over on my back again and she looked at the spine and then...THE MONEY SHOT! ^ He moved just long enough for us to get the above shot! The only downfall is that we couldn't get a good face shot because the little guy wouldn't face camera! Basically we have a stubborn, somewhat lazy and tired, camera shy little boy...he's just like his mommy!

Another cute moment was when we got to keep watching him sleep with his arms near his head. First, behind his head then one near his brow, etc. This is adorable because it's the same way I sleep! I always have an arm above my head, next to it, or I'm laying on it. I started crying when we saw this.

We were extremely surprised because we were both thinking girl, but are both happy. Matt is extremely ecstatic that he now gets to watch baseball instead of ballet and we get our little Mavericks fan. We've decided on David James for the little one, after both of our dads. Both my dad and Matt's are the best ever and we couldn't be luckier to have them both in our lives. And for this reason- our little one couldn't be more blessed to have such amazing grandfathers in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment